and Recovery Skills
Pacific Marine Surveyors is performing recovery actions Africa wide from our offices across Africa. We aim at obtaining the best possible result through timely negotiations avoiding expensive time-consuming legal situations.
OUR DEDICATED TEAM
Our services are head quarter centered, Kenya to ensure quality and one way of working and are performed by a client-focused, multilingual team, consisting of lawyers combined with experienced claims handlers and recovery specialists.
Rather than being different to our competitors, we endeavor to be relevant to you and will therefore continually adapt and improve our services according to your needs.
Pacific Marine Surveyors Legal Department performs recovery actions in the Africa Region on a no cure – no pay basis. Our goal is always to obtain the best possible result through amicable negotiations and to avoid expensive and time consuming legal procedures.
- Marine & Non-Marine services
- Collecting all necessary documents for introducing the claim with the liable party
- Introducing the claim with the liable party
- Negotiating with the liable party in order to obtain a favorable settlement
SPECIFIC MARINE SERVICES
- Negotiating with the Owner of the vessel / P&I Club to obtain a guarantee covering the estimated loss to the cargo.
- Taking all necessary legal measures in case the Owner of the vessel / P&I Club refuses to issue a guarantee.
GENERAL AVERAGE SERVICES
- Advising parties on all steps that need to be taken;
- Issuing the General Average Guarantee and / or the Salvage Guarantee for account of the cargo underwriters;
- Participate in the discussion with the salvors in order to reach an agreement / amicable arrangement regarding the salvage charges;
- Negotiating a reduction of the General Average contribution (either before or after declaration of the General Average Adjustment);
- Advance deposits, provisional contributions and final contributions;
- Control of the General Average allowances, drafting of the General Average
- Salvage Adjustment and collection of cargo contribution in General Average / Salvage
AFRICA WIDE REACH
Pacific Marine Surveyors can rely on the expertise and 24/7 availability of our in-house marine and non-marine surveyors as well as our international network, enabling a global reach, no matter the location of the incident and the opponent or the type of claim and jurisdiction.